Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Fauxcery Shopping

I am out of toilet paper. This was a total surprise. I am not sure why I was totally surprised, because if I'm being honest, this is a pretty common occurrence around here. Secretly, I think we have Charmin assassins that come during the night and "take out" any rolls we have around our house, leaving the broken husks of toilet paper tubes strewn on the bathroom floor. In reality, it's because I forgot it at the store yesterday.

Yesterday, I went {fauxcery shopping}. What exactly is fauxcery shopping?

**fauxcery shopping:  fauxcery shopping is required when you've been slacking as a household manager due to unforeseen circumstances**

Lately, the unforeseen circumstances have to do with THE LAST WEEK OF PRESCHOOL! Gah! It's the busiest part of the school year for me. {I think teachers do that because they have put up with your kid all year and this is their way of getting back at you for sending booger smeared homework back in their folders} 

Back to fauxcery shopping. It's the sort of shopping you do when it's been a really, long, busy week, there's literally no food in the house {kids are eating stale cereal and peanut butter spoonfuls as snacks} and you have to cook dinner in a few hours.

{Insert fauxcery shopping trip here} You speed through the house and try to "remember" all the stuff you needed, glance at your recipe binder to plan a few meals to get you through to Saturday and head off the to the store.  In the back of your head you have a Saturday... like it's a magic day. It IS a magic day for me. My husband is home and can keep the kids busy long enough for me to make a grand grocery list so I can go {Real Grocery Shopping}. 

It doesn't help that I have a play date at my house today. Luckily, it's with one of my very best friends. She has a boy, so he doesn't need toilet paper and when I say "here ya go. Here's two napkins...sure hope the Bounty print doesn't rub off"... I won't get a shocked look or snarky comment...what I will get is a sigh of camaraderie. She knows what's it's like to be a busy mom....and run down mom on occasion and she "gets" me. 

I'm off! I have a sink load of dishes that I have to hand wash and pretend my dishwasher is not a dishwasher, but a drying rack.  Dishwasher soap wasn't on my {fauxcery shopping} list either it appears. *sigh*

Crystin

No comments:

Post a Comment