Last night at the dinner table, Austin started a conversation about the Earth. He started asking a ton of questions and my science buff husband wasn't home from work yet. I tried to answer them the best I could...and then I started rambling. It was one of those rambles that you just keep talking and talking and talking, their eyes glaze over and while you are talking you realize that you are making stuff up completely but can't stop because you are too far in. {<< like my example?} Well, that's exactly what happened. I admit, I don't know nearly enough about science, the world, the universe...especially not enough to quench my 5 and 4 year old's thirst for answers.... Right answers.
"Let's ask YOUTUBE!" - Me
We ran to the office and found some pretty cute videos about the solar system, some startling videos that I had to click really quick through {note to self: find out how to child lock youtube}, some boring videos....and then... it came to me in the form of a quirky, catchy rap video by StoryBots. If you get a chance, look them up on YouTube. Austin loved the videos. Lucas loved the videos. Mommy loved the videos. I even caught myself bopping along with the music. They were very short videos. Austin was like a mini sized sponge sitting there soaking up this cartoony cuteness. One of the videos left off Pluto and Austin looked at me bewildered and said "mommy, what happened to the smallest planet Pluto?" We learned that shooting stars are actually meteorites, Uranus is the only planet on it's side and Saturn has rings made of tiny rocks. {BOOM, knowledge}
If you get a chance, look up StoryBots on YouTube. There are tons of videos (not just about space, but that's what they were asking about so that's what we watched)
Crystin
No comments:
Post a Comment