Monday, May 12, 2014

This is the reason I am blogging....

As anyone can imagine, being a stay at home mom can be {insert any adjective here}. There are some days it's literally all I can do to pull myself up at an ungodly hour to go make breakfast for two children that automatically hate everything I put before them.... and there are days that I wake up like Cinderella {birds chirping and all} and wisp down the hall floating on air ready to start the day. Okay, yes, the latter was delusional. I admit.

I absolutely without a doubt love being a stay at home mom. I do. I love waking up to them everyday, I love feeding them, I love taking care of them...you get the point... But sometimes I get run down. I certainly do not like the 53 loads of laundry to do every day... or the cat vomit to clean up {after} I stepped in it, or wiping butts or constant "mommy" every second of the day. More often than not lately, I long for bedtime {their bedtime} where I can zone out to the t.v. and list long lists in my head of all I have to do the next day.  {that last part is actually true. I am a list-er} There are great days around my house. There are days where I look at those two grimy faced little boys, my heart melts and I feel immense pride and love. Those days actually do out weigh the laundry, vomit, butt, mommy days.

I was recently talking to a good friend of mine who happens to be a stay at home mom as well. We both have been feeling blah lately and feeling almost like {dare I type} martyrs for the SAHM kind everywhere. Our kids are taking over our lives! We eat {rarely}, sleep {rarely} and breathe our household. It's like a never ending cycle that both her and I agreed that we must break free from for the sanity of our marriages and our children...and most importantly, ourselves. We each decided to do something for ourselves...something that makes us happy. Something that if we are happy, then we can lead a more successful household. 

This is my "thing". I like to write about what I love, what I want to do, crafts I make, recipes I like, things I do with my kiddos, my husband... my life. I enjoy writing about my family and my life.

It's a good life I have. It's a GREAT one actually and I really want to share my life in writing.

So here's to all the other moms who may just need a little push to do something they like doing to break the chains of the household hum drum and do something for themselves.... Before we all get sucked into a black hole of butts, boogers, chicken nuggets and angry short people with untied shoes. {I'm raising a mostly drunk bottle of wine for all you moms! Cheers}

Crystin

No comments:

Post a Comment